Free First Term!
Join us this term for a free introduction to the Arabic language! In Term 1, students will be provided with an introduction to the history and importance of the Arabic language, as well as an overview to the major features of the language.
If, after the first term, you wish to continue with the course, each of the five subsequent terms will carry a fee of £100 (equivalent to £5 per hour).
Time & Location
Fridays 7pm – 9pm
Term 1: 16 Oct – 18 Dec 2020
Term 2: 11 Jan – 15 Mar 2021
Term 3: 19 Apr – 21 Jun 2021
This course is delivered online via Zoom.
Registered students will have access to recordings of each week's lesson. The videos will be posted within a day of each session, and will remain accessible until two weeks after the course has ended.
This is a two-year programme of study designed to introduce beginner-level students to the major features of the language in terms of both theory and application. This course:
- Provides strategies for effective language learning.
- Presents a comprehensive study of the principles of Arabic Grammar.
- Builds core skills in reading, writing, listening and speaking.
- Dedicates time for practice and consolidation time in class.
- Equips students with skills in reading comprehension and translation.
- Introduces a diverse range of genres in Classical Arabic.
- Delivers a roadmap for continued independent development beyond the course.
- Ability to read the Arabic script
- Age 16 and above