Time & Location
Mondays 8:00 pm – 9:00 pm18/01/2021 – 22/03/2021 Delivered online via Zoom.
Zakat and fasting are among the major pillars of Islam and acts of worship that Allah Most High has commanded the believers to carry out in the Qur’an. This course will teach students the inner and outward dimensions of both zakat and fasting based on the primary texts of Islam and the teachings of the great spiritual masters of our tradition. This course will address a number of questions, including:
• What is the reality of zakat and fasting?
• Why do we perform these rituals?
• How do we perform these rituals?
• What do these rituals signify in terms of our relationship to Allah?
• How do these rituals allow us to connect to Allah in this world?