Register for Term 2
Register now for the second of the six-term Arabic course. In each week's two-hour class, you will continue to understand about how Arabic sentences are constructed, and will practice what you've learnt in a reading session.
Please note that the registration fee of £100 is for this second term.
Time & Location
Fridays 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Term 1: 16/10/2021 – 18/12/2021 (FREE!)
Term 2: 22/01/2021 – 26/03/2021
Term 3: 23/04/2021 – 25/06/2021
Term 4: 08/10/2021 – 10/12/2021
Term 5: 14/01/2022 – 18/03/2022
Term 6: 22/04/2022 – 24/06/2022
Delivered online via Zoom.
This is a two-year programme of study designed to introduce beginner-level students to the major features of the language in terms of both theory and application. This course:
• provides strategies for effective language learning.
• presents a comprehensive study of the principles of Arabic Grammar.
• builds core skills in reading, writing, listening and speaking.
• dedicates time for practice and consolidation time in class.
• equips students with skills in reading comprehension and translation.
• introduces a diverse range of genres in Classical Arabic.
• delivers a roadmap for continued independent development beyond the course.
About the Instructor
Mansoor Malik is a professional tutor in mathematics, Arabic and Islamic studies. He studied Arabic and traditional Islamic disciplines in Damascus, Jordan, Yemen, and the UK. He holds a degree in Philosophy from King's College, and an MPhil in Philosophy from the University of Warwick, where his research centred on approaches to knowledge and education. He is currently studying theoretical physics at the University of Nottingham.